Tuesday 15 April 2014

Pesticides in Breast Milk

A colleague sent this post to me today. I have argued for years that pesticides - including herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and any other highly concentrated artificial chemicals are highly dangerous to us and our environment. And now we have new evidence which shows these toxins can accumulate in our bodies.

Most sprays actually make little contact with plants with upwards of 90% ending up in the soil, and later the groundwater leaching into streams, rivers and eventually the sea.

Every summer I see people spraying in their shorts and t-shirts without protection. I've seen animals poisoned after eating grass that had just been sprayed (you can't tell someone has sprayed until a day or two later in the case of herbicides). I even wrote to the elected representative in my area in 2007 about it. I'm still awaiting a reply.

Be safe. Go organic!



No comments:

Post a Comment